Blog Archive

Friday, June 29, 2018

Book Review

I actually finished this one weeks ago, but forgot to put it in the blog.


Test of the Twins
Definitely the best of the set! Lots of action and even a specific type of action that I was wanting to see in Chronicles - the hijacking of a citadel! A stand up and cheer moment for me. Another great thing was that you don't even need the first two books to be caught up with the events of this one. I don't mean to be so hard on the first two, but they weren't what I was expecting and the recapping done in Test is sufficient to set up the climax. The layout was very nice considering that they had to hop around in different times periods. They kept it easy to follow as well as smartly paced with more creative elements regarding magic use. I'm satisfied with the emotional end as well. Caramon has never been so interesting and Raistlin, though inherently bad, ends doing the right thing again. Truly neutral I guess. The ending is bittersweet as always when characters are killed off, but it was a solid ending following a well balanced exercise in storytelling. I really liked this one.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely the best of the trilogy. Glad I got you to read the core DragonLance books (and they goes my anonymity).

    ReplyDelete