Blog Archive

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Cover Art: Mere Christianity

I was looking at an article that was about the cover art of "your" favorite books. Except the books listed either weren't my favorites or else I wasn't interested in them or hadn't even heard of them. So Iooked up the different covers from some of my favorite books and I was surprise at how many different covers some of them have had. It was hard to pick a favorite with so much art to choose from.



 Today will be a few covers for Mere Christianity. Again, I'm surprised by how many there are for a non fiction book. I don't actually have the individual book. It's part of a collection of Lewis apologetics that are bound in one volume. The cover looks more like this first picture only it has a picture of Lewis himself in the gray area. There's a picture of the most common cover inside and it's the stairs shown both in gray scale and sepia tone. These are the best covers in my opinion as well as that very nice looking (leather?) bound one. That's a beautiful book cover. 



 But there are other options which are fascinating to look at. The birds look similar to the artwork found in Narnia. The simple blue pattern has a classic feel. The Birth of Christ scene isn't the best looking I've seen. But I always like a cover with the author on it as well. Lewis is my favorite, so there'll be more of his covers to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment