Blog Archive

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Cover Art Count of Monte Cristo

I was looking at an article that was about the cover art of "your" favorite books. Except the books listed either weren't my favorites or else I wasn't interested in them or hadn't even heard of them. So Iooked up the different covers from some of my favorite books and I was surprise at how many different covers some of them have had. It was hard to pick a favorite with so much art to choose from. So, in no particular order, I'll start with The Count of Monte Cristo
This first picture of this set is closest to the cover of the copy I have. It's a gray cover with that face of Edmond Dantes centralized under the title.


 I like the covers that feature the prison the best and the final picture which shows Dantes in the clouds above the prison is my favorite, not because of the portrait of Dantes, but because it's the best looking fortress. The second of these prison pictures is also pretty cool.





The other covers that contain different scenes are very creative. I quite enjoy that portrait of the inside of the prison and of the ship that Edmond has joined himself to to find the old monk's treasure. The artwork of him walking down the street isn't that interesting, but it's appealing to the eye. The sinister picture of Dantes dangling his three enemies on a string is a close second favorite. And even though the hardcover pictured doesn't depict anything that evokes emotion, it's beautifully made. And these aren't all of what I saw, just the ones I found the most attractive. 

I'll feature other covers of my top ten favorite books in the following days.

No comments:

Post a Comment