Blog Archive

Friday, August 31, 2018

Cover Art The Magician's Nephew

I was looking at an article that was about the cover art of "your" favorite books. Except the books listed either weren't my favorites or else I wasn't interested in them or hadn't even heard of them. So Iooked up the different covers from some of my favorite books and I was surprise at how many different covers some of them have had. It was hard to pick a favorite with so much art to choose from.


 Today I have covers from The Magician's Nephew, the first book of the Narnia series and my favorite of the set. I don't have a copy of this book specifically. My Narnia set is in a compilation volume with Aslan on the cover. But the first three depict artwork from the chapter headings of the book. It's actually pretty good artwork. More appealing than the original HP artwork.



  The children riding Fledge (formerly Strawberry) features prominently on a lot of the covers as well as the Wood Between the Worlds. I only chose 10 of the best looking covers though. There were others featuring Digory finding the Tree of Youth, but they weren't very clear. I put the most detailed picture of the kids on Fledge towards the end because it stands out to me and I really like it. My favorite three include the classic looking cover with the simple title and picture and the silver apple which features prominently in the story. 


 The best one is the last one that features the rings that they traveled between the worlds with. There's more variety than just this selection. I found some covers that featured the statues on Charn, but they weren't very attractive to me. Last year I posted just artwork in general from each book and the Charn artwork is awesome. But not what you'd want to feature on a cover. Again, it won't be the last Lewis choice I make for these book cover posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment