Blog Archive

Friday, August 24, 2018

Cover Art, The Fellowship of the Ring

I was looking at an article that was about the cover art of "your" favorite books. Except the books listed either weren't my favorites or else I wasn't interested in them or hadn't even heard of them. So Iooked up the different covers from some of my favorite books and I was surprise at how many different covers some of them have had. It was hard to pick a favorite with so much art to choose from.
Today I'll display The Fellowship of the Ring cover art. Like yesterday, this isn't even half of what I found, but these were the best ones.


 The first picture is of the copy I have. Movie art. But I don't mind movie art if the movies were good and the Peter Jackson trilogy was a decent adaptation. I'd never seen the cover with Gandalf.. I like it better than Frodo. And I think that third one may also depict the movie but I'm not sure. All three are neat looking. 


 Then you have the utilitarian style. Three rings to represent the three races and Sauron's eye in the center of the One Ring. I think the contrasting colors and different positionings of the rings are cool looking. But I like that black cover with one ring in the center the best I think. Yes, I'll call that one my favorite... I like things simple. 






. Then there are the more creative covers depicting different scenes or landscapes from the book. Something tells me that little green copy would be a gem to have in good condition. My second favorite is definitely the last one with Gandalf and the Barlog. Very nicely done even though it's from the movie as well. 

Does anyone have a different copy than these? My set is getting worn out.. so one day I may look into a set with some different artwork on the covers...

No comments:

Post a Comment