Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Very random today, indeed

A while back I made a post of Narnia artwork taking a random selection of artwork I found on Google relating to each of the seven books. I've been doing that on Facebook too for a few weeks only getting a larger collection from each book to post. I was trying to find artwork for Prince Caspian this week.
I'm disappointed in the variety of art. Most of what's out there is still-shots from the movie. And a lot of what I could find for the collection today are illustrations from the original books. That's not necessarily bad, but they aren't as imaginative and simplistic for the sake of only having a small space at the heading of a chapter. I guess this book didn't inspire as much artwork apart from one or two scenes. Shame.


This never gets old...



I liked Mythbusters. I haven't watched it for several years because it seemed like they were running out of credible myths to test... like they were really stretching to find something that hadn't been done before in 13 years. After it was slated to come to an end, Science channel, not surprisingly, decided to carry on with new hosts and turned finding the new hosts into a stupid "reality" show competition. I almost didn't think they'd go through with it after that since the original Mythbusters was an original concept with the organic blending of two guys with real world experience in the entertainment industry getting to basically play around with movie based and historical myths. You know, who the hell knows what you're getting with people from a "reality" show which is where everyone goes acquire vapid fame nowadays. I predict this new Mythbusters will fail and here's why...
A deep-throated tall guy with a beard and newsboy hat and a shorter guy wearing the ugliest of the most currently fashionable glasses. Which picture am I talking about? You don't know because the new guys look like the old guys. It's a copy.  Anyone who had followed this blog from the beginning knows how I feel about remakes and reboots. Instead of finding people with different talents and unique personalities and chemistry, they used a contrived "reality" competition to replace their original smash hit team with shallow duplicates. Just another reboot. No telling if their personalities will be similar to Adam and Jamie. My guess would be yes, and if there's a B team it will undoubtedly consist of a woman, a minority, and a guy who looks more like a jock than a nerd.  Makes me glad I haven't watched in a while so I can't be any more disgusted at this shameless money grab.


Meanwhile, I like this kid.  I agree with a lot of his top ten postings.



No comments:

Post a Comment