Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

SDC Time Traveler

Okay, we got our flyer for next year's line up at Silver Dollar City. They're going to have an illusionist and some contortionists next year which sounds pretty cool.  They also have the specs on the new roller coaster, Time Traveler.


Speed of 50.3 miles an hour.
10 story, 90 degree vertical drop.
100 feet tall with the biggest loop peaking at 95 feet. Also include are a dive loop and a zero G roll.
Two separate launch areas, the first from 0 to 45mph in 3 seconds and the second from 30 to 45mph in 3 and a half seconds.
360 degree vehicles with adjustable magnetic spin control.


Most of it is pros for me.  The vertical drop will be wonderful. I love loops and barrel rolls, so that will all be fun. The launches will be fun as well. It bills the 50.3 mph speed as being unprecedented, but I'm pretty sure Outlaw Run is faster... well over 60 mph, so I think playing up the speed aspect is kind of a hype. There are a few cons that I can see in this one though. Mostly they're in regards to the train cars. Firstly, there's only four cars with four passengers per car. That means the lines will be really long,even after the newness has worn off. Powder Keg has a similar problem with a shorter train as well as the fact that they are both longer rides... close to a minute and a half it looks like. So the wait times will be a headache. However, the wait times for the other rides will shorten at first perhaps and I can't say I'm disappointed... Wildfire is still the darling of the park and I'm content to ride that one over and over until the crowds for Time Traveler ease up. The other major con for me personally is the spinning vehicles.  I don't know if I'll like that as much because I first became completely comfortable on roller coasters after I sat in the front car and was able to watch the track in front of me. For whatever reason I find that more comforting than sitting in the middle or back of a train. If I'm spinning around, I won't be able to watch the track. I don't know if I'm just weird, or if others think the idea of looking at other people spinning around in random places would take away from the enjoyment of the ride.  But I'm anxious to try it out nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment