Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Favorite Coyote Fails

I asked my husband the other day what his favorite coyote fails are and then offered my three...

I loved the catapult!  I loved it because it failed in so many different ways, over and over. When I think of Coyote and Roadrunner, this is usually the first to come to mind.


The favorite in this is the pop up steel wall, even though it had to start back at the leg muscle vitamin pills (which is also a favorite because of the trail of fire.) It's from the episode Zoom and Bored, I think. I love this wall because he sets the trap early in the episode. When it doesn't work, they just carry on racing across it back and forth. They teased it for the whole episode until it sprang at the end. It just always stood out to me as a kid.

The Earthquake Pills are another product that just stayed in my mind over the years.  Not really sure why... maybe that frightening realization after he swallows the whole bottle, that they will work on him... that delay before pills take effect... and he made it through the trauma just to walk off a cliff. It's just one of the best ones.

Then my husband mentioned one of his favorites - the bat suit and I was like, "Oh yes! That's the best too!" Because it was actually working!  And then he relaxed and stopped looking where he was going and boom! he ran into a rock face...

There's actually too many to pick a favorite... every time I see a different one I say, "That's the best too!".... the superman suite... the tunnels he paints on the rock walls just to be mowed down by a train that comes out of them... the fake holes that backfire.... It's all the best.  I just love the Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment