Blog Archive

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Video game nostalgia

I'm just tired and moody today, so I thought I'd look up some video games of my past to make me happy. 

And present.  I thought I'd start with the Sunset House from Fable III which I like.


Then I got to remembering the good times with the old PC first person shooter games like Duke 3D, Doom, and one of my personal favorites, Blood.  This is the first level with the opening story video. Wasn't as complex back then, but I miss the old, cheesy graphics and game play.


This is from Final Fantasy II for SNES.  Rydia was my favorite character.  You could rename the characters, and I forgot what I always used to rename her, but the original name is Rydia.  She was awesome and inspired fan fiction in me.


Finally Super Mario World for SNES, obviously.  The elusive Butter Bridge.  I could never beat the Butter Bridge because it kept moving.  I always had to take the Cheese Bridge to the next continent.

No comments:

Post a Comment