Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Geoffrey Rush


Showing the Geoffrey Rush love today!  It'll look like a bunch of Geoffrey Rush clips threw up all over this post... I love him to pieces.  He's a great actor and even though he's won many awards, I still am apt to call him underrated.  I don't think a lot of people who just know him as Barbossa from the Pirates movies really understand how versatile he is.  Good guys and bad guys and those who fit into both categories at the same time; caricatured  and straight up; serious and comic; he's really a well rounded performer. So let the love begin!  The first video is a compilation of several things... some of which I haven't seen.

But, of course, there's more Barbossa...


Here's one I bet everyone forgot about...


This movie didn't follow the book very well, but they picked a couple of great leads for Jean Val Jean and Javert..


I didn't realize that Peter Sellers was a total weirdo until I saw this movie.  I'm sure some of it is dramatized, but my goodness did Rush ever nail the impersonations of Sellers' characters.  Unbelievable acting!


And one of the best characters ever... Lionel

Here's him winning an award for Shine.  I've never seen it.. it doesn't seem like my type of movie... but it's just sweet to watch.  I'm sure he earned it. Especially when I see who he beat out that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment