Blog Archive

Thursday, September 1, 2016

That moment when...

Such a busy week.  I'll do more Star Trekking tomorrow; promise.

I've been reading the Chronicles of Narnia (again) and I haven't seen the recent films made and I was just having a moment of - I really want to see them, but I'm afraid of bitter disappointment (which happens with a lot of book-to-movie adaptations.)  I've seen most of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and I know they did a good job of it, but I was looking at the trailers for the other two and it looks like they've taken a little more license than I like.  Especially with Dawn Treader.


And I know things are in works for The Silver Chair.  I loved the books.  They just kept getting better as they went along and I'd love to see the new movies because the technology to make the fantasy come alive is just right.  Of course, I'd also like to see A Horse and His Boy, but that one won't be made for obvious reasons... the same reasons I think they'll shy away from The Last Battle.  So, I'm torn.... do I check them out and whine about the books being better, or let it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment