Blog Archive

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Childhood Fantasy Favorites

The Last Unicorn was one of my big three.  I always watched this, The Secret of NIMH and Watership Down together.  I'm not including Watership Down because, although it's anthropomorphized animals, there are no fantasy elements.

I never read Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, but from what I understand this movie is quite a bit different than the book with no fantasy elements at all.  I look forward to reading it one day for comparison.

The Dark Crystal is one of my all time favorites

Technically, I didn't see The Labyrinth until I was an adult... until just a few years ago actually.  And I thought Jennifer Conelly's acting is atrocious, but I can't deny it's a lovable fantasy film that's right up my alley.
I didn't see The Princess Bride until I was an adult either... and it almost has no fantasy elements, but when you're only mostly dead, that changes everything.  Who couldn't love this movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment