Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Dark Shadows Character Profile

Abe Vigoda


Abe Vigoda!  Wait... what?

Well, I never said I'd do them in any particular order. In fact, it seems boring to go for the most obvious first.  And I don't have much time to dally today, so I pick Abe Vigoda as my first Dark Shadows character to spotlight.
Best known for his roles in The Godfather (pts. 1 and 2) and his own series, Fish - the title character also spending a lot of time on Barney Miller, he'd spent 3 episodes in 1969 on Dark Shadows playing Ezra Braithwaite, a silver maker that made a silver pentagram to ward off the werewolf that was Quentin Collins.  He dies of fright after seeing his ghost in 1969 because he remembered him from 1897.  That's one of the best parts of a series that takes place in this time.  People were really around that remember the turn of the last century clearly, and it made for a good story.
They brought him back for an episode in 1970 to play Otis Greene in another past timeline.  He knows the evils of the head of Judas Zachary and doesn't last long.

It's a shame I can't find any video of these characters on YouTube apart from entire episodes that they want purchased.  One day I'll have to get some footage off my own collection and get it on YouTube.




No comments:

Post a Comment