Blog Archive

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Happy 50th Birthday Star Trek


Happy 50th birthday Star Trek!

I've been through all of this in previous blogs, so just a testimonial recap.

I watched the original in reruns... I'm not that old, lol. It was a great kids show. The Next Generation was a shameful copy at first, but it grew and became a more grown up version of the original. Honed and perfected along with DS9, it examined more philosophical viewpoints than just one and made the rest of my childhood and teenage years. I didn't like Voyager. I couldn't help but feel a very condescending attitude from it - like a step back from the progress it had made- and only watched a very little bit of it. Still, it's legitimate in the Star Trek progression and I pay my respect for it here. It surely got better. I liked what I've seen of Enterprise. (I was too busy adulting to see the majority of it.) Perhaps one day I'll get to see all of it. 

At any rate, this is Star Trek to me. The reboot stuff can have it's own 50th birthday in 2059 as far as I'm concerned, but I don't think it has the heart and staying power of the original concept that was built on the 5 series and 10 movies (based on TOS and TNG.) 


Happy birthday Star Trek. It has been, and always shall be, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment