Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Book? Review


Westworld, Michael Crichton
I can't deny I'm disappointed and I feel like an idiot.
When I saw the 1973 movie Westworld I was amazed at how Crichton had predicted the technological future as far as robotics and computer viruses go. I was sure the book would be amazing. I had to wait a few years because the only thing I saw was egregiously overpriced. But I got it last month... only to discover that it's not a book; it's the screen play for the movie. Further research has led me to understand that it probably never was a book.
I had no reason to suspect it wasn't a book... a lot of books have movie art on them and I don't mind that so I didn't look at the description of the product. So it's my own fault. But in the forward that Crichton wrote there's a lot of inside-baseball on the film industry and some neat stories about making the movie. And I've got a screenplay to look at now if I ever want to write one... so I guess it's not a total loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment