Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

So, what now?

Yesterday concluded my review of every episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation and I find myself wondering what to do with the blog now. In 2013 I was fired from a terrible job where I was treated very poorly. It really got in my head and turned me into a basket case. I rebounded to a job that was my first job when I turned 19. It technically wasn't much of a better place, but at least I knew what I was getting into there. I spent a year and a half journaling because writing is not only a hobby and a passion, but my therapy as well. Intense self-reflection helped me to heal because God has gifted me with the ability to scrutinize myself with a sufficient disconnect that enables me to learn and grow instead of falling into self pitying and navel gazing. But after a while even keeping a journal became counterproductive and my reflections became circular  leading back to the dark thoughts that would touch off a week of contemplation. I'd also taken a night job in which I've been treated like a human being for the first time ever with the only drawback being the hours. So, I decided to take a break and write about things that amuse me in order to keep away from the dark thoughts and, frankly, to wait with patience while I'm lead through this odd turn in my life. When I first started this blog I was just wanting to unload about the new Star Wars movies because I'd written tons about on Facebook. Then I decided a good theme would be to review every episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation since I still watch the reruns and haven't had a chance to forget much of it since it ended. Two episodes a week with other entertainment interests of mine in between. It's been a lot of fun. I thought it would take longer than three years to work through 7 seasons though.
I'm not all talked out of Star Trek yet. There's still a lot of things to write about. But I don't know how frequently I'll post now. I never did this to get a lot of followers. I only get between 3 and 15 hits on average for every post I make, so I don't know if anyone is even paying attention. Like I said, this was all just my personal therapy. My thoughts on all of these different entertainment things are now forever in posterity in case I die tomorrow.  But I thought I should give a warning to anyone who may actually be reading these posts that my activity will be spotty for a while. I'll still put my book reviews here as well as Good Reads. I'll still find something Trekkie to talk about or an interesting video to post. Thank you to whoever has been viewing my posts... It makes my mind feel less lonely. See you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment