Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

James Bond music

 I don't actually care for the James Bond movies. They just couldn't hold my attention.  I mean, I like a couple of the Roger Moore ones because they're a little more comical and don't seem to take it all so damn seriously. But I love the animation of the opening sequences and the fact that each bond has their own trademarked silhouette in the crosshairs. And I also love some of the theme songs as well as the familiar 007 chorus. Here are my four favorite themes and openings.

From Octopussy. I didn't watch this one. Not all of it anyway. But I always found the song catchy. And it stood out for being titled differently than the title of the movie. I'm always drawn to "different."

For Your Eyes Only. Never saw it. Love the song.

Live and Let Die. This one I saw. I liked it. Goodness it was silly. And the song is fun too.

The Spy Who Loved Me. Didn't see it. But, this is my favorite Bond song which is also weird cuz I don't even like Carly Simon.

Here's a link to a play list that has every Bond song in order from Dr. No through Skyfall. I don't like all of the songs, but like I said, the animation is wonderful and I do love seeing how it's morphed over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment