Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Dollars Music

One of my Christmas gifts to my husband was the Dollars Trilogy - A Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More, and The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly. So we indulged in all the extras over the the days we were off for the New year holiday including the interviews, location comparisons, stories of the makings of them told by historians, and a few edits. They didn't save excess material like they do now and it's kind of a shame. It took me a while to warm up to westerns after I got with my husband, but one of the best parts of this trilogy is the music. And they had little features about that too on this Blu-ray set. It's some of the best music of all time.


La Resa Dei Conti (Sixty Seconds to What?) is the music played for the final duel scene at the end of A Few Dollars More. It's the most beautiful of all the pieces composed for the movies and my favorite. This edit runs the music over the duel scene in the music cutting out the talking. There wasn't much talking anyway. There didn't need to be. It's magic.


The Ecstasy of Gold from The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly. I could've chosen the song alone, but I chose this version from the movie that begins about 30 or so seconds before the song starts because it's a great scene as well. As well as a great composition of music. The final three way duel music was cool too, but Ecstasy has a special quality about it. Metallica covered it and it was actually pretty excellent with a metal edge. If you've not seen the movie, you may recognize the music from the Modelo Especial beer commercials. That actually happened to me... It had been a while since I'd seen this scene in the movie and I was wondering why the Modelo commercials sounded so familiar... and so unusually cool for a beer commercial.. lol!


The Trio, the final duel music for The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly takes elements from La Resa and Ecstasy and it's not quite as good as the other too, but still extremely stirring and tense.


Finally the main themes of the three movies. There weren't as many memorable vignettes from A Fistful of Dollars as with the other two movies, but the main theme is pretty awesome and stands out as unique as the others I posted.

Have a very Man With No Name New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment