Blog Archive

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Games Countdowns

In keeping with my games theme for the week, I had to look and see what Mojo compiled into top tens regarding games.
These aren't in the same order I would've put them in, but they include a lot of what I like.  I don't remember ever playing Chutes and Ladders as a kid and I've never heard of Settlers of Catan, although it sounds like this is what every Facebook farm or city building game is based on. I was glad to see that Backgammon wasn't included. I didn't mention yesterday that I don't care for backgammon, but not because I'm a bad loser at it or anything... it was just never able to hold my interest.

I'm glad I found this video. I'd forgotten all about Hearts and Spades. They're both great games to play too. I was a little surprised in the honorable mentions of this video... the criteria said that there couldn't be a specially made deck like Uno, but Old Maid is in the honorable mentions before number one. I mean, I've never saw an Old Maid game played with anything but picture cards for children. I guess if you eliminate all but one Queen you can do it with a regular deck, but I've just never heard of it before.

I decided to include their Top 10 Trading Card games too. I've never played a trading card game, but from what I can tell, they seem to combine older, pre-computer RPG games with the strategery of card games. I'd be interested in trying a Trading Card game one day, I guess... as long as it's not too complex. If there's too many variables to juggle, I could see it being tiresome, at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment