Blog Archive

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Interesting video on the Star Wars prequels

I hated The Force Awakens and wrote tons on it a couple of years ago... two very long blogs which I actually need to edit because I was still trying to figure out how to put in the pictures creatively. I've not seen The Last Jedi and I have no intention of seeking it out. If it ends up on a movie channel in a few years I may look in on it, but the way I see it - fool me once shame on you; fool me twice shame on me. I've looked into spoilers and have concluded that Last Jedi continues to make no sense like Force Awakens.
What I never understood was the hatred for the prequels. I've been meaning to write about that for a while too and I still intend to, but in the meantime I found a video that goes into the literary appreciation that can be found in the prequel series. It's one of many reasons why I think they're better than this new Disney stuff and this guy put together a well constructed video essay. It focuses on the complexities of the writing which is what I most appreciate about all of the original Lucas works as compared to the vapid new entries. Rogue One excepted... I like Rogue One.
Anyway, this is a good video. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment