Blog Archive

Friday, September 7, 2018

Cover Art: Watership Down

I was looking at an article that was about the cover art of "your" favorite books. Except the books listed either weren't my favorites or else I wasn't interested in them or hadn't even heard of them. So Iooked up the different covers from some of my favorite books and I was surprise at how many different covers some of them have had. It was hard to pick a favorite with so much art to choose from.

 Today I have covers from Watership Down one of my all time favorites. The first two are of copies that I have/had. The first one was a copy I had growing up and I don't know what happened to it. The second one is my replacement. They are my favorite covers as well.

 The third one is artwork that ties in with the movie and would be cool to have. I think the fourth one also is representative of the movie; at least, it looks similar to Fiver's vision and it would be another neat collector item. 

 There aren't too many covers I don't like with this one. The sketching quality of the next two aren't the best. One is rough, and the other looks more like a caricature. Very homemade looking. There's nothing wrong with it, but the professional looking ones are more attractive.



  I prefer the more realistic looking rabbits. The following four are a good example to add to the first two.
  I have to say I like that last one a lot though. It has a classic look to it that's quite appealing. I want almost all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment