Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Movie Magic: Foley Artists

So this is where my wanderings have taken me today. I saw a brief video on Foley artists and decided to look up some more.  This is an overlooked bit of movie magic that really is just as magical as any visual effects. I think it's all really cool and can get lost watching the technical aspects of production for hours.

So, just a few videos. This first one is a good overview with different sound effects demonstrated.


These people are kind of over-dramatic in explaining the art, but there are a lot of good demonstrations in it.


I liked this one because its shows a small studio with a lot of the same effects that are small and made to be used by one person without a lot of movement and mess that is in the others.


And, of course, I have to throw a Mojo top 10 in there even though most of the sounds aren't adequately explained, I agree that they are pretty iconic and some of the most recognizable which is the point of the video rather than parsing the sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment