Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Faces behind the cartoon voices

I see short compilation videos that feature the voices behind cartoon characters on Facebook. They show a few different shows with different actors. Like this one.

And I love it but I wanted to see more from specific voice actors so I looked up a few of my favorite actors. I have Billy West, Mike Judge, Mel Blanc, and Frank Welker.

Billy West is one of my favorites. He's extremely talented and vastly underrated I think.

I found a longer interview with Mike Judge on Conan O'Brien back before the Beavis and Butthead movie was made, but it was long and he didn't do too many voices. He still doesn't do them all in this shorter video, but it's all voices anyway.

This interview with Mel Blanc on Letterman is longer, but he goes through a lot of voices and it's wonderful to watch. Mel Blanc is the Godfather of voice work, no doubt.

This Frank Welker video is long because they include almost every critter voice he's ever done. I was actually amazed to see what all voice actors get into.. not just cartoons!

I had to include a set from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I wish it would've included the girls and mentioned the fact that Mark Hamill was the Fire Lord, but I love this little show so much and I just had to throw it in this mix as well.

Finishing it out with a Mojo list, but this one is useful because there were many that I forgot about and even though West and Welker are on this list, it also covers a lot of important voices that I'd forgotten.

Showing the voice actor love today...

No comments:

Post a Comment