Blog Archive

Friday, August 12, 2016

Star Trek vs. Star Wars

As I said in the last post, I really don't understand the determination to claim that one is better than the other.  I'll expand on it further at a later date.  Since it's a Friday I thought I'd just leave a few videos here for fun.  One is a fan video made several years ago.  Star Wars wins.  I think it's funny and cleverly done.


I've also seen another where the confrontation ends in a kind of draw.  That seems fair, but I liked this last one all the same.  Next I have another Mojo video that pits the two against each other rating them in different categories.  Star Wars wins again in this match up.


Mojo makes some good points although I think I would've given Star Trek the point for ships.  The most frustrating thing about this video is the Star Wars prequel hating.  I really don't understand why people hated the prequels so much and then just act like it's conventional wisdom that they are inferior to the 7th movie which was an abomination.  Mojo includes reboots of both franchises in their decision making process for better or worse, though.  And it does make for interesting conversation among the geeks.

Lastly, I found a video  made by a total techno-geek.


Star Trek wins in this battle.  It compares weaponry only.  I'm just really impressed with this person's visual thesis on the matter; a lot of thought was put into it. And the mindset is the same as mine - no extended universes!  Canon only.  Thank you.  I was starting to think I was the only one.  Even though I respect the devotion to legitimate franchises, I still think this is all invalid since they are such different universes. 

Still, it's a lot of fun to see the arguments on both sides.  Fans are creative thinkers and that's why we love our fandoms and can all converge together at cons and celebrate these brilliant works of fiction!

Have a great weekend.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment