Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Book Review

Dragonlance Adventures: Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Well, I just finished Autumn Twilight. I liked it over all; especially the second half when it had a clear goal to focus in on - taking out Verminaard and freeing the prisoners. That gave it a clear and definite ending even though there's a long way to go in the bigger scheme. It had a nice balance of comedy and action and it did eventually cater to my desire to split the group up to add to the complexity. There were some predictable moments, but I don't mind it when the story is good. My favorite characters are Sturm, Tasselhoff, and Goldmoon. I'm a little surprised at how the person who introduced me to the books goes on about Laurana... she doesn't seem like his type. I suppose she changes over the course of the books. I hope Tanis changes as well, cuz he comes off as a whiner to me. I realize Strum wouldn't have been the better leader cuz he was more into fighting at all costs instead of considering the group as a whole, but at least he's confident and not overly emotional for a dude. Raistlin seems wonderfully complex, but I feel like he's insufficiently developed in this story... perhaps he'll grow over the course of the series as well. Of course, Matafleur stole my heart and smashed it into a cliff. Ditto Fizban, although I get the idea that I haven't seen the last of him. I'll be starting Winter night soon. The feeling I get off of Autumn Twilight is "slow start" but slow is good in a serial when it leads to bigger and better things. Four of Five stars... if I had to give it a star rating.. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment