Blog Archive

Thursday, July 13, 2017

A History of Science Fiction and Fantasy short video series.

I was looking for the BBCA show The Real History of Science Fiction again, but the copyrights are locked down tight on it.  However, I found a short video series with some guy  talking about the history of sci fi and fantasy in short 5 to 7 minute long videos on YouTube and they're pretty good. The set up is like my blog - commentary with still pictures - only it's a video and they're a fairly thorough rundown of sci-fi/fantasy from its origins until the end of the 1980's where the fifth part leaves off.  I found the way he kept saying "the genre" to be very annoying, but other than that I enjoyed them and it's nice to hear someone talk about Dungeons and Dragons without taking time to bash Christianity.  I only found 5 parts but I think there are more because he talked about moving on to another sub genre in the next part.  Maybe he'll make more one day.  Enjoy.










No comments:

Post a Comment