Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Uniform Swap

This may be my last post for the week.  The husband is on Spring Break, so my time will be preoccupied with him.

In Star Trek TNG, they made several references to its predecessor and had the occasional TOS guest character on.  Deep Space Nine had it's own way of reaching back to TOS to pay homage to it.  It was able, due to advancing CG technology, return to Kirk's Enterprise in the episode Trials and Tribble-ations and it was a great episode in my opinion. But what everyone thinks of the episode isn't really relevant.  I'm pretty sure everyone,whether they liked it or not, could get a measure of satisfaction in seeing the newest characters in the Star Trek universe dressed in the classic uniforms.  I was looking for pictures to go with my last TNG episode post when I stumbled onto fan created pictures of characters dressed in uniforms from other Star Trek shows and this confirms that I'm not the only one who really enjoys this kind of change up.  It was also addictive... I couldn't stop scrolling through to look at them. So, the rest of what I'm posting is a collection of fan created uniform swapping which has nothing to do with this episode of DS9, but it seemed like a good place to start.

Now, obviously, some of the photo shopping in these pictures isn't very good, while others are excellent.  And the rank insignia doesn't always match up because heads have been placed on lower ranking bodies, but the point is that it's fun to re-imagine how characters would look if they were in other series while in their prime.  I'll try to keep individual characters grouped together so it's not too random.

Starting with group shots.  And the middle one is simply an idea of what everyone would've looked like if they'd kept with the original series color scheme which is very appealing indeed.



Spock



Captains




Doctors





And all the rest.











And I almost forgot Michael Dorn made up into a classic Klingon



No comments:

Post a Comment