Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Book Reviews

Non Fiction/ Religious

My review of the Bible is a little sensationalist in style and I apologize since I'm a more more on the conservative and traditionalist side of the aisle.



The Bible                     
The Bible is a compelling two-part autobiography authored by The Father, The Son, and the Holy Spirit as transcribed by noteworthy men such as Moses, David, Paul and John. This Book is a comprehensive overview of the creations, works and purpose of God in the lives of men as well as an insightful peek into His future plans. From the annals of His chosen people to the incarnation His great love and mercy on all of mankind, The Holy Bible is the definitive jurisprudence for life. The works therein are dedicated to all who seek truth, wisdom, and eternal life in Jesus Christ.
These works include law. Though penned before the modern era, it is a perfect blueprint of what is righteous as far as the behaviors and actions of people and what is not because the core conflicts within the human heart, mind and body remain constant. Some have described the second text, more commonly referred to as The New Testament, and the fleshly visitation of the Father as voiding the first text, but this is not quite accurate. It is, rather, the fulfillment of the laws of the first text and the upgrade of penitence measures, rendering both parts to be effective and valid. Also included within the chapters are valuable tips on marriage, parenting, work, charity and health. Tried and true methodology illustrated through detailed accounts of the lives of people spanning the gamut of social standing. From kings to slaves. From criminals to priests. Men and women. All who are noteworthy for the lessons that are being taught not only in the fields stated above but also a clear cut description of the quantity and quality of reverence and submission owed to The Creator of all things. Apart from facts is a wealth of drama, mystery, romance and adventure to keep you coming back time and again. The way it is set up: as facts within facts and lessons within lessons, you can either read it cover to cover or individual chapters can stand alone. Be warned, however, extensions and sequels to this literary piece are unauthorized fiction and bear no relevance to the Truth as given to the transcribers from the Author.
In closing, I love this book and would strongly recommend it to everyone of any age, race or gender, as it pertains to everyone. It has given me hours of great joy and clarification. It is best if it is studied with others in a group and frequently discussed with the Expert on the subject matter. It should also be read more than once. This is necessary not only because of it's size, but also to keep refreshed, as it is more useful in our day to day lives than algebra.


This one was gifted. Not normally something I'd seek out on my own, but I was delightfully surprised.



The Pastor's Wife by Sabina Wurmbrand.
It is an autobiography of the life of this lady and her husband who is one of the founders of Voices Of The Martyrs. It covers their life during the years of the end of the Second World War through the 50's and 60's behind the Iron Curtain in Romania. It is inspirational to all Christian women and men. Even if you're not a Christian, it is well worth the read for historical reference alone; I don't remember getting much past WWII in high school and I have no doubt that stories like these are happily ignored in colleges. I recommend it to all.

My husband and I did a class on this one time for our church.




Approaching Jehovah's Witnesses in Love:  How to Witness Effectively without Arguing
A couple of months ago, my husband ordered a video from NAMB that he thought would be good to show at a Brotherhood meeting regarding Jehovah's Witnesses. It had a big impact on him and he got to researching the matter further and decided to turn it into a 3 part class that we're going to teach at our church in June and possibly other churches in our area. In the process and as part of our preparations he ran across this book, "Approaching Jehovah's Witnesses In Love" by Wilbur Lingle. To say it's comprehensive would be putting it mildly. Lingle has been witnessing to the cults (Witnesses, Mormons, etc.) for more than 20 years. The video only covers the conditioning of these poor souls, but the book goes a step further into the actual methods of bringing them to Christ. I read it as homework, but I promise it's a very good book and if you flinch at the thought of those people that go door to door, you absolutely need to read this book. It will soften your heart and encourage you to help them rather than argue with or ignore them.

And, yes, I'm one of those...




Why I Left The Contemporary Christian Music Movement:  Confessions of a former worship leader
I was a little apprehensive about reading this book because it's such a hot button topic now a days. I didn't really know what to expect. CCM is something I never really liked even before I knew what a Praise and Worship service was. (And, indeed, I didn't know until I read this book and began to research it a little on my own.) So, I think my perspective is fairly fresh and objective. I have no reason to doubt anything Lucarini says in this book and I can't even really say I'm surprised at the real life situations laid out in therein. I don't agree with everything Lucarini says, in that because he's come to fear his own vulnerabilities (with good reason) he tends to project them onto everyone else. But, it's done so out of love. In fact, this whole book is done with the utmost respect and love to all Christians. I think it should be read by everyone because I think that there's a lot of truth in it. It's even a voice of reason. Everyone who is mature in their faith should be able to put their emotions aside long enough to read this book and judge for themselves.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment