Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Rogue One ; briefly, no spoilers


Okay so, never say never, and I own myself a liar.  We went to see Rogue one on Christmas Eve.  We decided to forego refreshments and blow the whole gift certificate on the 3D matinee.  Naturally we were still very wary after the abomination that was The Force Awakens last year, but I had reason to suspect this one would be better based on opinions from the type of people that liked that Abrams trash.  Also, not having to spend money made it kind of a nothing-to-lose situation. So, anyway:

Rogue One, no spoilers.
Above expectations. I want this one to keep. It connects dots, makes sense, brings a little faith back into the "force," and truly belongs with the six Lucas movies, unlike last year's movie. I feel like my views of what makes a good addition to a proven series are vindicated in this.  It's like almost every point I was trying to make when I wrote my long rants on TFA last year was taken into consideration and I feel like I'm not the only one on the planet that thinks this way.  I can give several examples and I will, but not until an appropriate amount of time has passed.  I do believe in not spoiling the fun for people who haven't seen or read things because I love to be surprised myself.  And I was pleasantly surprised with this.  As a trivia aside that doesn't spoil the movie, the man that played Cassian Andor had previously played Button in the movie Open Range.  I just think that's cool cuz the part of Button wasn't a big one and my husband totally picked him out when I didn't even recognize him since he'd lost the baby fat in his cheeks.
I have to say, 3D has improved tremendously over the years years. Much better than the days of the paper, red and blue glasses although I wish more stuff had been flying at the camera.  So, I can give a thumbs up to this one and recommend that it be seen.  It's not a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment